Tips For Writing Killer Text Ads For Google Adwords
Using Google Adwords Text Ads is a simple yet powerful way to get more customers to visit your website.
Since the growth of mobile, Google recently added expanded text ads – a format optimized for mobile. Allowing you more control over your message by providing users with more information. Here is an example of a standard text ad:
Here is an example of a standard text ad:
And here an example of an expanded text ad:
Pro tips for Expanded Text Ads:
- Include at least one of your keywords in the headline
- Include a ‘path field’ – For example, your final URL should look something like this www.example.com/Travel/Cruises. This gives readers an idea of the content they will be seeing once they click.
- Use the description to highlight unique details about your product and/or service.
To write an effective ad you need to ensure it’s specific, relevant, attractive and empowering. Here are a few tips:
- Highlight what makes you unique
- Use call to actions like ‘Book online today’
- Include your sale promotions
- Include search words in your text
- Create unique landing pages to take customers to the right content.
Landing pages are just as critical to the success of a text ad, it will directly affect your Ad Rank, cost-per-click (CPC) and position in the ad auction. A poorly designed landing page will result in your ads showing less.
A few pro tips to creating great landing pages:
- offer relevant, useful and original content
- Be open and transparent, don’t let the customer guess what it is you are offering.
- Ensure the site is optimized for desktop and mobile.
- Be sure to have a fast loading landing page.
You also need to use ad extensions. This feature shows additional information about your business. A few examples:
- Quick links to multiple pages on your site i.e. store locator, store hours, promotions.
- A button for people to call you directly.
- Show customer reviews and ratings.
- Button to install your App.
- Location details – map, directions, phone number